Sugar Glider
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://sugarglider.forumotion.me/t26-sugar-glider-diet-plan-for

Can Sugar Glider Eat Green Apple? Empty Can Sugar Glider Eat Green Apple?

Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:57 am
It is important to keep in mind that although apple skin is safe for your pet glider, many farmers spray toxic chemicals on the surface of apples which are absorbed into the flesh. Unless you purchase organic apples, it is best to peel off the skin of these fruits before feeding them to your pet.

What are some of the healthiest fruits for sugar gliders?
Fruits rich in calcium and vitamins are one of the most vital parts of your glider’s diet. In fact, they can help prevent bone diseases and osteoporosis. They should be offered at least twice a day, and you should serve them a variety of different fruits and vegetables.

Including a good amount of protein food in your glider’s diet is also essential. Depending on their age and needs, they should receive around a third of their daily protein requirements from pellets.

How can I ensure that my sugar glider is getting enough calcium?
The most common source of calcium for sugar gliders is whole fresh fruit and veg. However, if your glider is suffering from dental problems, or if you live in an area with high acidity, they may need to be given a diet that is specifically formulated for them.

Does my sugar glider need a calcium supplement?
Sugar gliders need calcium to maintain healthy bones and teeth. To ensure that they get adequate amounts of this nutrient, you can feed them a calcium enriched fruit or vegetable every night. The best way to achieve this is to use Bournon’s Leadbeater’s Diet or a similar mix of vegetables and fruits.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum